Duke Farms Self-Guided Lesson Plans
Use the downloadable lesson plans available here to guide your students through interactive lessons at Duke Farms during any season. Lessons are standards-based, include a map, detailed instructions and available for Pre-K through 12 grades.
We offer a variety of Professional Development opportunities throughout the year including a week-long Summer Institute. Our Professional Development programs are designed to support teachers as they use the environment as an integrated context for learning. Take a look at the schedule here.
Classroom Lesson Plans
Here you can find lessons created by Duke Farms partners such as Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey and New Jersey Audubon that will help you connect your students to the world around them through hands-on activities and problem based learning right in your classroom.
Eagle Kits for the Classroom
We’ve compiled all of our eagle-themed lessons, several storybooks and field guides, life-sized replicas of an eagle egg, skull, and talon, a life-sized wingspan cutout and vinyl eagle photo and even an eagle costume! Eagle Kits are free for educators to borrow for up to three weeks at a time.
Why Bring Your Class to Duke Farms?
This 15 minute video highlights why Duke Farms is a great place to take your school group.
- 1. Self-guided exploration is always FREE!
- 2. Interactive, educational exhibits on wildlife ecology, sustainable resources, horticulture and agriculture.
- 3. Easy access to multiple habitats. Woodland,meadow or wetland areas can all be your field classroom.
- 4. Miles of trails - 18 to be exact - that are closed to vehicle traffic.
- 5. No giftshop! Teach your students about sustainable consumption and needs vs. wants.
- 6. Hillsborough, New Jersey is a short bus ride from many districts, making your trip cost less!
Register your school group today!
When you are ready to schedule your class field trip, fill out the School Group Registration Form to let us know your preferred dates.
Educators - would you like to receive information and newsletters specifically for you?Sign-up for our e-newsletter HERE.
If you have specific questions about Professional Development opportunities please contact Tanya Sulikowski, our Manager of Programs. If you would like more information about field trips, please contact Kirsten Holt, our Manager of Education and Interpretation.