Duke Farms Community Garden Donation Program
The purpose of the Duke Farm Giving Gardens is to produce fresh, organic vegetables to share with members of the community who are in need.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Hillsborough Food Bank (Hillsborough)
Food Bank Network of Somerset County (Bridgewater*)
Feeding Hands (Hillsborough and Manville locations)
Bound Brook School District
Shiloh Pentecostal Church (Raritan)
*Included in Food Bank Network Delivery
Bound Brook Pantry & North Plainfield Pantry
Raritan Food Pantry
Franklin Food Bank
On hold for 2021 (due to COVID)
Safe + Sound Somerset (Hillsborough)
Jewish Community Center (Bridgewater)
• Produce will be sorted and delivered every Tuesday between Memorial Day and the end of October.
• Please leave your donations in the "Donation Station" before 8 am.
• Brush off dirt and place food into crates in the coolbot.
• Label hot peppers and any unusual produce.
Additional days may be added as the season progresses. Check here often for schedule updates!
Volunteer activities are restricted to registered gardeners.
Members should click this link to register on our event page.
2015: 1,604 pounds
2016: 3,190 pounds
2017: 3,709 pounds
2018: 4,126.75 pounds
2019: 4,993 pounds
2020: 6,625 pounds
2021: 6,076.25 pounds
2022 goal: 6,000 pounds!
How is the game played?If using a handheld GPS device (such as a Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance, etc.):
- Register for a free basic membership on geocaching.com.
- Visit the Hide & Seek a Cache page to locate a cache nearby.
- Select a cache to view its cache page which lists the cache description, GPS coordinates, and other instructions on how to find the cache.
- Load the coordinates into your GPS device and naviagate to the hidden cache.
- Sign the logbook inside the cache and log your visit online on geocaching.com.
- Download geocaching.com app from your app store (there is an Intro version which only allows you to navigate to 3 caches before it makes you upgrade and there is the full version which is $9.99).
- Log-in using your geocaching.com username or create a free geocaching.com username if you do not have one.
- Once logged in, press "Find Nearby Caches."
- Choose the appropriate cache from the list. The cache page should appear.
- Press "Navigate to Cache." A map should appear showing your location in relation to the cache location.
- Navigate to the cache and sign the logbook when you find it. Go back to the cache page and press "Post a Log/Field Note" to post a log online.
Duke Farms GeoTrail
The Duke Farms GeoTrail is a geocaching challenge consisting of 11 different caches placed around the property. It is a unique journey through a variety of native habitats and landscapes.
To complete the challenge you have to fill out the GeoTrail brochure and uncover the secret word, then present your completed brochure to the front desk staff in the Orientation Center to receive your commemorative token (GeoTrail brochures are available at the front desk in the Orientation Center).