Nature is all around you. Every animal and plant has a role in the ecosystem. Take time to pause and look around you. What do you see? Try and answer as many items as you can, but remember to leave no trace.
- Find four different types of leaves.
- Find a piece of fallen wood. Are there insects on it?
How many insects can you see on it?
- How many different bird songs can you hear?
- Find a bird’s nest.
- Can you find a small puddle or standing water?
- Find a piece of scat. What animal left it behind?
- Look at a meadow. How many colors of flowers do you see?
- Find a tree that you think is over 20 years old. Over 50 years old.
Can you find one over 100 years old?
- Find a leaf eaten by an insect.
- Find 2 things a bird might use to make a nest.
- Find a seed that looks like a helicopter.
- Watch an animal eat.
- Find something made by humans.
Feel free to document these findings by taking photos or sketch them in a notebook.