This resource was created by Abigail Schmid and Kate Reilly.
Everywhere you look, you can find plastic. It is what our food and goods are packaged in, what our electronics are made of, and it is also what is polluting the natural world around us.
As the plastic industry continues to grow, many people are recognizing our duty to be mindful of what we purchase and how we dispose of objects when we are finished with them. We need to work together, all generations and countries, individuals and industries, to make good choices and to fight the plastic pollution problem.
This resource contains:
- A brief introduction to the history of plastic production
- The current situation on plastic use
- The 3 R's: Reduce, reuse, recycle
- A prompt to challenge yourself on defining replace/irreplaceable plastics
- Relevant books for further investigation
- A plastic evaluation worksheet activity