Stewardship at Home
The scale at which Duke Farms conducts habitat restoration can be daunting for the average homeowner, but no matter how big or small your home landscape there are always ways to implement habitat restoration. The resources under this page are meant to guide homeowners on how they can restore their own home landscape to provide habitat for wildlife.
- Building a Bat Roost
- Creating Firefly Habitat
- Do Research in Your Own Backyard!
- Divert Your Wastewater
- Garden Guide for Pollinators
- How to Build a Rain Barrel
- How to Install a Rain Garden at Home
- Invasive Plants & Their Removal
- Keep Your Rainwater On-site
- Landscaping for Wildlife: Creating Backyard Habitat
- Landscaping with Natives
- Nests for Native Bees
- Perennial Meadows
- Seed Collection & Storage
Additional resources can be found in our always expanding Distance Learning Portal.
Can't find a resource you are looking for? Let us know! Duke Farms has many partners who may have the answers you are looking for and would be more than happy to get you the resources you need to jumpstart habitat restoration in your home landscape.