To make a reservation for the Accessibility Shuttle, click this link.
Please note that the shuttle does not run in rain, snow, ice, and extreme cold.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-566-8865. Thank you.
Duke Farms seeks to provide accommodations to visitors who need mobility assistance while on the property. The Accessibility Shuttle is a service available to those visitors with limited mobility. This service is provided on a first-come, first-served basis, and advanced registration is strongly recommended for this service. Reservations can be made using the following link:
If you need further assistance with making a reservation, please call (908) 722-3700 ex. 2 for additional information.
- The Accessibility Shuttle is available every day (except when we are closed on Mondays and Sundays), every hour on the hour.
- Service does not run in rain, snow, ice, thunderstorms, and extreme cold. (Open air cart)
- Shuttle service runs between the Orientation Center to a drop-off point on the property.
- The Accessibility Shuttle is only available if weather permits. Any reservations made that are canceled due to poor weather conditions (e.g. heavy rain, or lightning and thunder) will be rescheduled by our Visitors Services Department. Visitors will receive a phone call or email.
- Shuttle reservations are free of charge. However, a credit card is required to hold a reservation. No-show reservations are subject to a fee if proper notification isn’t given to our Visitor Service Department. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early for your reservation.
- Please note that a reservation is only available for two (2) visitors - the visitor requiring assistance and one additional person to travel with them while using this service. NO EXCEPTIONS. Groups of more than two (2) people that require this service should plan accordingly as the group will temporarily split up at the Orientation Center and can reconnect at The Orchid Range.
- Shuttle drivers have a copy of all reservations made for each day. Photo identification will be required to confirm all reservations on the day of your visit. Any reservation must be made in the same name of the person who will be using this service.
- The shuttle service is only available to those who make a reservation.
- The Accessibility Shuttle is not a property tour. Drivers do not make stops at any locations beyond the Orientation Center and The Orchid Range.
Any questions regarding the Accessibility Shuttle should be directed to the Front Desk at (908) 722-3700 ext. 2.
What accessibility services does Duke Farms provide?
- Accessible parking areas are located in the front of the parking area at the Farm Barn Orientation Center. Large print editions of our brochures, maps, and Field Guide.
- An introductory video (closed captioning provided on ipad. Just ask).
- Assisted listening devices (available in the classroom. Just ask).
- Farm Barn and Orchid Range both have automatic door entrances for easy access.
- A wheelchair-accessible video screening room.
- An exhibition space, accessible on the first floor of the Farm Barn.
- A fully accessible café space.
- Several universal design community garden plots.
- Closed Captioned online classes.
- American Sign Language Interpreters are available for classes, with 10 days notice.
- While we do not allow household pets, we do welcome working, trained service animals as described by the ADA.
- Accessible bathrooms at the Farm Barn Orientation Center, Orchid Range, and Community Garden and on trails (see map for locations).
- A private, universal restroom is available for those who may need an aide’s assistance.
- An ADA rated vehicle that can accommodate a wheelchair. The Accessibility Shuttle is available every day (except Wednesday) every half hour between the hours of 10:00am – 4:00pm on a first come first serve basis. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged.
- A map indicating the most easily accessible pathways is available at the Orientation Center.
- As an outdoor park, some pathways throughout the park may offer challenges to those with wheelchairs/scooters, but most of our pathways are accessible, and new accessible pathways are being constructed as funding allows.